Monday, August 18, 2008

My latest little project

While I was working on "Diantha's Crossing" in May I met one of the production assistants who wanted me to be in her short film based on a poem she had written as a teenager. The poem was really deep, and I was drawn to her passion she had for the project. It's only a 3 min. short where I am running through the forest searching for something. I come to a bridge that I have to cross and as it is falling from underneath me I have to decide if I'm going to trust that someone is on the other side of the bridge to catch me when I jump. It is symbolic of searching for truth in your life and coming to a crossroads and deciding what you really believe and what you will put your faith in. The ending can be interpreted many different ways, and I like that.

As you will be able to see in these pictures, the bridge scene was shot at a park with a green screen underneath it. In post production they will be making it look like a huge scary river is underneath me. The whole scene will look like it's night time as well. That's the magic of film. In post production you can make it look like almost anything. I'm really excited to see what she does with it.

















Presenting Karissa Nash. This is her baby.

No comments: