Sunday, September 18, 2011

Family Weight Loss Contest

My husband just won a contest at work for losing the most body fat. Everyone put money down to join the contest and competed to win the jackpot. I was inspired by this because I've always wanted something to motivate me to get super toned. I decided to do a family version of the contest so we each put in $25. The contest started on Sept. 12 and goes to Nov. 12. So far I still haven't been very motivated so I decided to blog about it to hold myself accountable.

I've set 5 specific goals that I'll report on each week until the contest is over.  The goals are:

  1. Exercise (cardio or lift) for 30 min. - 2 hrs.  5-6 days a week
  2. Eliminate fried foods with the exception of once per week if I absolutely HAVE to have something fried. (I had to put this in because I literally have french fries at least 3 times a week and know that stopping cold turkey could be as deadly as suddenly stopping a drug. haha)
  3. Do 50 crunches, leg lifts, and pushups 3-7 days a week
  4. Record what I eat every day
  5. Prepare a fresh homemade meal 1-3 times a week.  (My husband LOVES to cook and he's GREAT at it so naturally I've let him be the chef in our family.  I figured I'd change once I become a mom but I think I'll start gradually changing- now!)


No comments: